Caterpillar builds a complete line of wheel loaders, including our largest, the Cat® 994F. Also, our Integrated Toolcarriers can operate a wide variety of tools with integral quick couplers for fast tool changes in as little as 30 seconds. No matter what your loading or material handling job is, your Cat dealer can help you choose the wheel loader that best matches your application.
Cat® Large Wheel Loaders are designed with durability built in, ensuring maximum availability through multiple life cycles. With optimized performance and simplified serviceability, our machines allow you to move more material efficiently and safely at a lower cost per ton. Introduced in 1990, the 994 has become the top customer choice in its size class. Focused on helping our customers succeed, we have continued to build upon each new series’ legacy of reliability, safety, operator comfort, serviceability and sustainability.
Net Power 1092.0 kW Engine Model Cat® 3516B HD EUI Net Power – ISO 9249 1092.0 kW Net Power – SAE J1349 1079.0 kW Bore 170.0 mm Stroke 215.0 mm Displacement 78.0 L Peak Torque @ 1,100 rpm 8499.0 N·m Torque Rise 32.00% Rated Speed 1,600 rpm Gross Power – SAE J1995 1176.0 kW Net Power – EEC 80/1269 1092.0 kW
Operating Weight 195434.0 kg Rated Payload – Standard 35.0 tonnes Rated Payload – Super High Lift 32.0 tonnes Bucket Capacity Range 14-36 m3 (18.5-47 yd3) Cat Truck Match – Standard 785, 789 Cat Truck Match – High Lift 789, 793 Cat Truck Match – Super High Lift 789, 793 Cat Truck Match – Extended High Lift 789, 793 Rated Payload – Extended High Lift 32.0 tonnes Rated Payload – High Lift 32.0 tonnes Rated Payload – Standard Lift 35.0 tonnes Articulation Angle 40.0 Degrees
Transmission Type Cat planetary power shift Forward 1 7.7 km/h Forward 2 13.2 km/h Forward 3 23.4 km/h Reverse 1 8.2 km/h Reverse 2 14.6 km/h Reverse 3 25.6 km/h Direct Drive – Forward 1 Lock-up disabled Direct Drive – Forward 2 13.7 km/h Direct Drive – Forward 3 24.0 km/h Direct Drive – Reverse 1 8.5 km/h Direct Drive – Reverse 2 13.5 km/h Direct Drive – Reverse 3 25.6 km/h
HYDRAULIC SYSTEM – LIFT/TILT
Lift Cylinder – Bore* 318.0 mm Lift Cylinder – Stroke* 1705.0 mm Tilt Cylinder – Bore* 267.0 mm Tilt Cylinder – Stroke* 1140.0 mm Lift/Tilt System – Circuit Positive Flow Control Lift/Tilt System – Pump 4x Piston, variable displacement Max Flow at 1,710 rpm (3x) 1460.0 L/min Relief Valve Setting – Lift/Tilt 32800.0 kPa Cylinders – Lift/Tilt Double-acting Number of Lift/Tilt Pumps 4 Number of Lift Cylinders 2 Number of Tilt Cylinders 2
HYDRAULIC CYCLE TIME
994H High Lift Cycle Time – Dump 3.3 Seconds 994H High Lift Cycle Time – Lower 4.4 Seconds 994H High Lift Cycle Time – Rackback 5.5 Seconds 994H High Lift Cycle Time – Raise 12.2 Seconds
SERVICE REFILL CAPACITIES
Fuel Tank 3833.0 L Cooling System 490.0 L Crankcase 271.0 L Transmission 391.0 L Differentials and Final Drives – Front 620.0 L Differentials and Final Drives – Rear 620.0 L Differential/Final Drives (each) 620.0 L Hydraulics – Lift/Tilt 390.0 L Hydraulic System (including tank) 623.0 L Hydraulics – Brake Cooling (tank) 36.0 L Hydraulics – Steering/Brake (tank) 208.0 L
Bucket Capacities 14-36 m3 (18.5-47 yd3)
Maximum Single-Wheel Rise and Fall 677.0 mm Front Fixed Rear Trunnion Oscillation Angle ±10°
Brakes SAE J1473 OCT90, ISO 3450:1992
Air Conditioning Standard air conditioning system contains environmentally friendly R134a refrigerant Cab – ROPS/FOPS SAE J11040 APR88, ISO 3471:2008, ISO 3471:1994 Sound Performance Standards
HYDRAULIC SYSTEM – STEERING
Steering System – Circuit Closed Steering System – Pump Piston, variable displacement Max Flow @ 1,710 rpm (6900 kpa) (2x) 884.0 L/min Relief Valve Setting – Steering 3100.0 kPa Number of Steering Pumps 2
Best built for the toughest conditions.
Your bottom line is improved by highly durable structures that achieve multiple life cycles and withstand the toughest loading conditions.
Full box-section rear frame resists torsional shock and twisting forces.
Heavy-duty steering cylinder mounts efficiently transmit steering loads into the frame.
Cast axle pivot mounting areas better disperse stress loads for increased structural integrity.
Your key to maximum uptime and productivity is our field-proven lift arms.
Excellent visibility to the bucket edges and work area through a Z-bar design.
High load stresses are absorbed by the solid steel lift arms.
Enhance strength in key pin areas through the use of one piece castings.
Stress relieved lift arms increase durability and lengthen time to repair.
To ensure long life and reliability, the linkage pin joints feature a greased pin design connected to an auto lube system.
Move material more efficiently with improved power and control.
STEERING AND TRANSMISSION INTEGRATED CONTROL SYSTEM (STIC™)
Experience maximum responsiveness and control with STIC™ that combines directional selection, gear selection and steering into a single lever.
- Simple side-to-side motion turns machine right or left, minimizing operator movements.
- Easy to operate finger controlled gear selection.
- Smoother, faster cycles and less operator fatigue through the use of low effort integrated controls.
CAT PLANETARY POWERSHIFT TRANSMISSION
Building your success begins with a best-in-class transmission designed specifically for mining applications.
- Consistent, smooth shifting and efficiency through integrated electronic controls.
- Long life and reliability through heat treat gear and metallurgy.
- Three forward and three reverse speeds to match your application.
CAT 3516B HD ENGINE
Durability and efficiency at the heart of your 994H comes from the Cat 3516B HD engine. Optimum performance is built in through the use of a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design.
- On-demand performance through the use of turbochargers and aftercoolers.
- High Torque Rise – 32% torque rise ensures high lugging forces during digging and acceleration in high rimpull conditions.
- Extended engine life through a longer stroke and lower rpm ratings.
- Quick engine response through the use of electronic engine controls.
IMPELLER CLUTCH TORQUE CONVERTER (ICTC) AND RIMPULL CONTROL SYSTEM (RCS)
Lower your cost per ton utilizing advanced ICTC and RCS for modulated rimpull.
- Reduce tire slippage and wear by modulating rimpull from 100 to 25 percent while depressing left pedal. After 25 percent rimpull is achieved the left pedal applies the brake.
- Reduce the potential for wheel slippage without reducing hydraulic efficiency with RCS.
- Improve fuel efficiency in certain applications with our lock-up clutch torque converter providing direct drive.
Productivity enabling you to move more and make more.
POSITIVE FLOW CONTROL HYDRAULICS
Increase efficiency through our Positive Flow Control (PFC) Hydraulic System. PFC has concurrent pump and valve control. By optimizing pump control, hydraulic oil flow is proportionate to implement lever movement.
- Lowered fuel consumption by up to 10% compared to the 994F.
- Fast, productive cycles enabled by four electronically controlled, fully variable piston pumps.
- Increase bucket feel and control through increased hydraulic response.
- Consistent performance and efficiency with lower system heat.
ELECTRO HYDRAULIC CONTROLS
Operators increase productivity with our responsive implements feature.
- Operate comfortably through electronically controlled hydraulic cylinder stops.
- Handle easy-to-use soft detent controls.
- Conveniently set automatic implement kickouts from inside the cab.
Confident loader operation starts with precise machine control enabled by the 994H’s load sensing hydraulic steering system.
- Increase efficiency with our variable displacement piston pumps.
- Achieve precise positioning for easy loading in tight areas with 40 degrees of steering articulation.
- Enhance operator comfort with integrated steering and transmission control functions.
Benefit from extended performance and reliability of your hydraulic system with our advanced filtration system.
- Lift/tilt case drain filters.
- Lift/tilt high pressure screens.
- Steering case drain filters.
- Steering high pressure screens.
- Hydraulic case drain filters.
- Front pump drive lube filter.
- Front and rear brake oil screens.
Best-in-Class operator comfort and ergonomics.
Your operators can work more efficiently and stay comfortable with our customer-inspired cab features.
ENTRY AND EXIT
Enter and exit the cab easily and safely with these newly designed, ergonomic features.
- Two side access points.
- Fold up STIC steer/arm rest.
- Reduced access stairway angles.
CAT COMFORT SERIES III SEAT
Enhance comfort and reduce operator fatigue with Cat Comfort Series III seat.
- High back design and extra thick, contoured cushions.
- Air suspension system.
- Easy-to-reach seat levers and controls for six way adjustments.
- Seat-mounted implement pod and STIC steer that moves with the seat.
- 76 mm (3 in) wide retractable seat belt.
Safely train other operators in comfort with our standard training seat.
- 76 mm (3 in) wide, retractable seat belt.
- Fold-down design with molded drink tray and storage.
Your operator’s productivity is enhanced with our clean, comfortable cab environment.
- Experience reduced vibrations from viscous cab mounts and seat air suspension.
- Maintain desired cab temperature with automatic temperature controls.
- Pressurized cab with filtered air.
- Sound level reduced to a quiet 71 dB(A).
Greater productivity through Integrated Electronic Systems.
The 994H electronic systems have been completely integrated to function as one machine. This integration creates a smart machine and more informed operator, maximizing the productivity of both.
We have worked hard to help our customers and operators perform at their best through our Vital Information Management System (VIMS™ 3G).
- Easy-to-view Advisor Display features a large screen.
- Intuitive operation and easy navigation with our enhanced user interface.
- Decrease service time by keeping operators informed about machine system malfunction or operation.
Operator comfort begins with personalized machine feature settings. Through our Advisor Display, an operator can instantly recall personalized profiles.
- Store up to 10 separate operator profiles through Advisor.
- Decrease setup time between operators by recalling personalized screen layouts.
PAYLOAD CONTROL SYSTEM
Increase your efficiency with our Payload Control System 3.0.
- Quick payload weighs with on-the-go weighing.
- Comprehensive record accuracy of machine performance with up to 1,000 truck records with 25 different materials.
Impact your bottom line through improved machine performance with Cycle Timer. Each loading segment time can be analyzed to help you achieve more efficient operation. Features:
- Production Summary
- Machine Utilization
- Productive Cycle Time
- Loader Payload Summary
- Fuel Usage Summary
CAT MINESTAR™ SYSTEM
Work more productively.
Cat MineStar™ System is the industry’s broadest suite of integrated mine operations and mobile equipment management technologies, configurable to suit your operation’s needs. Its capability sets – Fleet, Terrain, Detect, Health and Command – contain a range of technologies that let you manage everything from fleet assignment and condition monitoring to remote and autonomous control. The 994H can take advantage of many of these advanced technologies, some of which are standard out of the factory.
Fleet provides comprehensive, real-time machine tracking, assignment and productivity management, giving you a comprehensive overview of all operations from anywhere in the world.
TERRAIN FOR LOADING
Terrain with your 994H enables high-precision management of loading operations through the use of guidance technology. It increases 994H’s productivity and provides you real-time feedback for improved efficiency.
Detect helps increase operator awareness, enhancing safety at your operation. It includes a range of capabilities designed to assist the operator with areas of limited visibility around fixed and mobile equipment.
Health delivers critical event-based machine condition and operating data for your entire fleet. It includes comprehensive equipment health and asset monitoring capabilities, with a wide range of diagnostic, analytic and reporting tools.
Making your safety our priority.
POWERED ACCESS SYSTEM
The Cat powered access system allows easier access to the primary stairs by improving ingress and egress to and from the rear platform.
- Safe, ergonomic access system.
- All operators have adequate space when using the wide stairway.
- Operators maintain three-point contact when using full handrails on each side.
- Raise lower platform from cab level or ground.
- Occupants can quickly exit with a conveniently located emergency release valve if the loader becomes inoperable.
- We are constantly improving our products in an effort to provide a safe work environment for the operator and those who work on your job site.
- Wider stairs with reduced stair angles increase safety for operators getting on and off the 994H.
- Walkways with non-skid surfaces and integrated lock out/tag out points are designed into the service areas.
- Windshield cleaning platforms provide safe and convenient access for the operator.
- Maintain three points of contact at all times through ground level or platform accessible service areas.
- Emergency egress access.
- Standard pull-down window shade and optional heated mirrors ensure extended visibility for safe operation.
- Cat Detect with Object Detection System (rearview camera and radar) or Vision (rearview camera) option increases operator awareness around the machine.
- Standard HID lights provide excellent workspace visibility.
- Cab mounted LED warning beacons.
- Low vibrations to the operator with viscous cab mounts and seat air suspension.
- Low interior sound levels.
- Operator training seat facilitates safe new operator training.
- Standard 76 mm (3 in) seat belts on the operator seat and operator training seat.
Enabling high uptime by reducing your service time.
We can help you succeed by ensuring your 994H has design features to reduce your downtime.
- Longer service intervals on fluids and filters.
- Safe and convenient service with ground level or platform access and grouped service points.
- Swing-out doors on both sides of the engine compartment provide easy access to important daily service checks.
- Ecology drains for ease of service and prevention of spilling potential environmental contaminants.
- Centralized remote pressure taps.
- Reduce downtime with VIMS system notifications so your operators and technicians can resolve any problems before failure.
Your Cat dealers know how to keep your mining machines productive.
LEGENDARY CAT DEALER SUPPORT
A valued partner, your Cat dealer is available whenever you need them.
- Preventive maintenance programs and guaranteed maintenance contracts.
- Best-in-class parts availability.
- Improve your efficiency with operator training.
- Genuine Cat Remanufactured parts.
Stewards of the environment.
PROTECTING THE ENVIRONMENT
Environmental responsibility is designed and built into our 994H’s features.
- Burns up to 10% less fuel than the previous model to minimize your CO2 footprint.
- Engine Idle Shutdown can help you save fuel by avoiding unnecessary idling.
- Reduce waste to the environment with our maintenance free or extended maintenance batteries.
- Built for multiple lives, the Cat 994H is one of the most rebuilt products. To assist with maximizing machine life, Caterpillar provides a number of sustainable options such asour Reman and Certified Rebuild programs. In these programs, reused or remanufactured components can deliver cost savings of 40 to 70 percent, which lowers operating costwhile benefiting the environment.
- Caterpillar offers retrofit packages to bring new features to older machines, maximizing your resource. And, when you go through the Cat Certified Rebuild program, these retrofitkits are part of the rebuild process.
SYSTEM MATCH EFFICIENCY
Efficient loading/hauling system starts with a perfect match.
The standard 994H is sized to load the 136 tonnes (150 ton) 785 in four passes. The 994H High Lift and the Extended High Lift load the 177 tonnes (195 ton) 789 in six passes and the 227 tonnes (240 ton) 793 in seven passes. The 994H Super High Lift loads the 177 tonnes (195 ton) 789 coal body in six passes and the 227 tonnes (240 ton) 793 coal body in seven passes.
For full truck payloads with minimum loading time, an efficient loading/hauling system starts with a perfect match. Cat wheel loaders are matched with Cat mining trucks to maximize volume of material moved at the lowest operating cost per ton.
Selection of the right bucket width depends on penetration requirements and the loading target. Bucket sizes are matched to truck bed capacities for optimum loading efficiency and greater productivity.
- Narrow Bucket. The narrower 5650 mm (222 in) buckets are optimally matched to load the Cat 785; they are also sized for the 789.
- Wide Bucket. The wider 6220 mm (244 in) buckets are optimally matched to load the larger Cat 789; they are also sized for the 793.
BUCKET GROUND ENGAGING TOOLS
Protect your investment.
Selecting the right bucket will determine the productivity of your loader. The process of selection starts with knowing the density of the material you load. From there, you can select the size and appropriate protection strategies that will suit the rated payload targets of your machine. Your Cat dealer can help you configure your bucket or have a custom bucket made to suit your application.
HEAVY DUTY ROCK BUCKET
Applications: Face loading tightly compacted pit materials. Moderate-abrasion factors and high-impact loads are suitable for this bucket.
HIGH ABRASION ROCK BUCKET
Applications: Face loading iron ore. High-abrasion and moderate-impact loads are suitable for this bucket. A smooth floor is also desirable.
Applications: 36 m3 (47 yd3) for coal or other light density non abrasive materials.
Some applications can be very abrasive. Consider that additional bucket protection can affect the performance of the machine through higher horsepower demand, higher fuel consumption and reduced productivity. With this in mind, it is important that you select appropriate protection for your application.
Enhance the productivity of your loader and protect your investment in buckets with our Ground Engaging Tools (GET). Your knowledgeable Cat dealer will work with you to understand your application and needs for the GET that is best for you. For a full list of Cat GET please visit http://www.cat.com/get.
- 994H Wheel Loaders specalogs Click here to download
For more information please call us at this number:
TOLL FREE :
1800 419 3356