Caterpillar builds a complete line of wheel loaders, including our largest, the Cat® 994F. Also, our Integrated Toolcarriers can operate a wide variety of tools with integral quick couplers for fast tool changes in as little as 30 seconds. No matter what your loading or material handling job is, your Cat dealer can help you choose the wheel loader that best matches your application.
The Cat® 990H is a proven performer in quarry and industrial applications around the world. With superior quality and world class productivity, the 990H provides the lowest cost per ton of any wheel loader in its size class.
Net Power 468.0 kW Engine Model Cat® C27 ACERT® Gross Power 512.0 kW Net Power – ISO 9249 468.0 kW Net Power – SAE J1349 463.0 kW Net Power – DIN 70020 650 PS Bore 137.0 mm Stroke 152.0 mm Displacement 27.1 L Net Power – EEC 80/1269 468.0 kW Net Power – ISO 14396 499.0 kW
Operating Weight 77842.0 kg Rated Payload 15.0 tonnes
Transmission Type Powershift Forward 1 7.0 km/h Forward 2 12.8 km/h Forward 3 22.4 km/h Reverse 1 7.9 km/h Reverse 2 14.1 km/h Reverse 3 24.8 km/h Converter Drive – Forward 1 7.0 km/h Converter Drive – Forward 2 12.1 km/h Converter Drive – Forward 3 20.8 km/h Converter Drive – Reverse 1 7.7 km/h Converter Drive – Reverse 2 13.4 km/h Converter Drive – Reverse 3 22.8 km/h Direct Drive – Forward 1 Lock-up disabled Direct Drive – Forward 2 12.8 km/h Direct Drive – Forward 3 22.4 km/h Direct Drive – Reverse 1 7.9 km/h Direct Drive – Reverse 2 14.1 km/h Direct Drive – Reverse 3 24.8 km/h
HYDRAULIC CYCLE TIME
Raise 9.2 Seconds Dump 2.9 Seconds Lower Float Down (Empty) 3.8 Seconds Total Hydraulic Cycle Time 15.9 Seconds
SERVICE REFILL CAPACITIES
Fuel Tank 1074.0 L Cooling System 190.0 L Crankcase 95.0 L Transmission 110.0 L Differentials and Final Drives – Front 271.0 L Differentials and Final Drives – Rear 261.0 L Hydraulic System (tank only) 174.0 L Hydraulic System – Lift/Tilt and Brakes 435.0 L Hydraulic System – Steering and Engine Cooling Fan 194.0 L Hydraulic System (including tank) 435.0 L
Bucket Capacities 8.4 m3-9.2 m3 (11 yd3-12 yd3)
Maximum Single-Wheel Rise and Fall 572.0 mm Front Fixed Rear Oscillating Oscillation Angle ±11°
Brakes Meet SAE/ISO 3450 1996
Cab – ROPS/FOPS Meets SAE and ISO standards Sound Performance Sound Performance Meets ANSI, SAE and ISO standards
Minimum Turning Radius (over bucket) 10337.0 mm Steering Angle, each direction 35.0 Degrees Hydraulic Output at 2,128 rpm and 6900 kPa (1,000 psi) 410.0 L/min Relief Valve Setting 31000.0 kPa Minimum Turning Radius (over bucket) – HL 10757.0 mm
Tires Tires used for measurement – 41.25/70-39 42 ply
LOADER HYDRAULIC SYSTEM
Main Hydraulic System Output at 2,128 rpm and 6900 kPa (1,000 psi) 650.0 L/min Relief Valve Setting 31000.0 kPa Cylinders, Double Acting: Lift, Bore and Stroke 234 mm × 1270 mm (9.25 in × 50 in) Cylinder, Double Acting: Tilt, Bore and Stroke 292 mm × 820 mm (11.5 in × 32.3 in) Pilot System, Gear-Type Pump Output at 2,000 rpm and 6900 kPa (1,000 psi) 46.0 L/min Relief Valve Setting (low idle) 2400.0 kPa
Designed with the right features to meet the daily demands of your job site
The Cat® C27 engine with ACERT® Technology is U.S. EPA Tier 3 and EU Stage III compliant. It features increased horsepower and efficient fuel management for quick response, high productivity and exceptional service life. A sculpted cylinder block provides greater strength and is lighter weight.
IMPELLER CLUTCH TORQUE CONVERTER (ICTC) AND RIMPULL CONTROL SYSTEM (RCS)
ICTC combined with the RCS allows the operator maximum flexibility in the modulating rimpull.
- Left brake pedal modulates rimpull from 100 to 20 percent for reduced tire slippage and wear. After 25 percent is achieved, further pedal travel applies the brake.
- RCS reduces the potential for wheel slippage without reducing the hydraulic efficiency. An in-cab switch allows the operator to set percentage of maximum rimpull to meet operating conditions. Four settings are available, and operators can set rimpull at 70, 80, 90 and 100 percent.
LOAD SENSE STEERING SYSTEM
Typical steering systems can draw more than 30 kW (40 hp) from the engine. The draw is constant, even when the operator is not steering. This system maximizes performance by directing power through the steering system only when it’s needed. More efficient use of power results in decreased fuel consumption and higher production.
TORQUE CONVERTER LOCK UP CLUTCH
The torque converter lock up clutch provides direct drive for improved fuel economy, especially in load and carry operations. This feature activates in second and third gears forward and first through third gears reverse.
DEMAND DRIVEN COOLING FAN
A variable displacement pump drives the fan’s hydraulic motor so that fan speed varies independent of engine speed. The pump increases output as temperatures increase, improving cooling capability. The fan draws only the power needed for cooling, reducing fuel consumption and increasing efficiency.
ENGINE IDLE SHUTDOWN
This new feature will automatically shutdown the engine after the machine has been in a safe idling state for an extended amount of time. The operator in the cab will be audibly and visually warned before the shutdown occurs.
Maximize uptime, long life – it’s what you expect from your Cat® wheel loader
Combining the use of robotic welding and castings in critical high-stress areas, more than 80 percent of the 990H structure is robotically-welded to provide highly consistent welds and increased strength. Castings are also used in several areas to increase strength by helping to spread the loads and reduce the number of parts.
FRONT FRAME AND REAR FRAME
Highly engineered and field-proven, the 990H uses high-strength plates and castings which distribute loads and increases structure robustness. A key differentiator from other manufacturers’ machines is the box-section rear frame and box-shaped loader tower. The box section absorbs torsional forces generated in a loading cycle, maintaining alignment for hitch pins and driveline. The box-shaped loader tower resists shock and torsional loads, maintaining hitch and loader linkage pin alignment, maximizing pin life.
AXLE-SHAFT, OIL DISC BRAKES
These brakes are adjustment-free, fully hydraulic and completely sealed. Disc face grooves provide cooling even when brakes are applied for a longer component life.
Location of the brakes allows for improved serviceability. The axle shaft brake design allows for brake service while leaving the final drive intact.
Axle-shaft brakes require less force by operating on the low torque side of the axle. Combined with improved axle oil circulation for increased cooling, the oil-enclosed, multiple disc
brake design improves durability.
Z-BAR LOADER LINKAGE
Proven Z-bar loader linkage geometry delivers maximum productivity. Fewer pivot points and moving parts are designed to reduce maintenance costs.
Best-in-class working environment
BEST-IN-CLASS WORKING ENVIRONMENT
A comfortable operator is a productive operator, which is why Caterpillar has designed the 990H with a best-in-class working environment for this size wheel loader class.
- World class cab incorporates features for operator comfort and ergonomics, visibility and ease of operation.
- Ergonomic controls are fully adjustable and designed for low-effort comfort. Switches and controls for various systems are located within easy reach of the operator. Interior noise levels are reduced to a quiet 72 dB(A).
- Cat Monitoring System (EMS-III) provides information on machine’s major components. This includes gauge displays for the fuel tank level; temperature gauges for the enginecoolant, torque converter and hydraulic oil; tachometer analog gauge with digital readout for gear selection and ground speed and a monitoring system.
- Optional features are available for improved visibility. These options include a rear vision camera to clearly monitor movement behind the wheel loader and high intensity discharge (HID) lights for greater visibility at night.
- Standard trainers seat allows for a safe method to properly train your operator.
Systems and features to achieve even greater productivity
PAYLOAD CONTROL SYSTEM
Payload Control System (PCS) is designed to help the 990H owners and operators manage truck payloads and produce accurate records of material movement. This advanced electronic control system is designed for on-the-go weighing.
CAT PRODUCT LINK
Cat® Product Link enables convenient, remote monitoring of equipment. It provides usable information to keep jobs on schedule, maintain machine health and reduce fleet owning and operating costs.
- Simplify fleet management and monitor machine use
- Link all machines, regardless of brand
- Three levels of insight to meet specific business requirements
Using a combination of radars, an in-cab display, and multiple cameras, Cat Detect provides equipment operators with enhanced awareness for increased site safety. The touch screen display alerts the operator when objects have entered critical areas around the equipment. The radar view provides a visual indication of where the objects are relative to the machine.
BUCKETS AND GROUND ENGAGING TOOLS
Provide flexibility to match the machine to your application
Buckets for the 990H range in size from 8.6 m3 (11.25 yd3) to 9.2 m3 (12 yd3) and may be configured for a variety of impact and abrasive conditions. All buckets are built with shell-tine construction that resists twisting and distortion and feature replaceable, weld-on wear plates to protect the bottom of the bucket. The integral rock guard helps retain big loads while heavy-duty pins and retainers provide durability.
Available in spade edge or straight edge configurations. Spade edge buckets use bolt-on segments and are available from 8.6 m3 (11.25 yd3) to 9.2 m3 (12 yd3). An 8.6 m3 (11.25 yd3) Straight Edge Rock is also available. Each bucket accepts up to two sets of sidebar protectors, features double-strap adapters, easily changed bolt-on segments and several tip options.
HEAVY-DUTY QUARRY BUCKET
Available as an 8.6 m3 (11.25 yd3) capacity bucket and is recommended for use in face loading where moderate abrasion and high impact is encountered. It features additional wear protection items, including: thicker base edge and adapters, additional liners and wear plates, bolt-on half arrow segments and four sidebar protectors.
HIGH ABRASION BUCKET
Available as an 8.6 m3 (11.25 yd3) capacity bucket and is recommended for use in face loading where high abrasion and moderate impact is encountered. This bucket features additional wear protection items including independently attached edge and adapter covers, flush mount adapters, additional liners and wear plates, four sidebar protectors (two sets) and a thicker base edge. Flush mount adapters provide a smooth finish floor and reduce wear on the adapters.
Increase uptime by reducing service time
The 990H is designed to ensure minimal downtime through ground level or platform access, grouped service points, and attention to key serviceable areas on the machine.
- Maintain three points of contact at all times through ground level or platform accessible service areas.
- Ground level viewable site gauges on all major systems.
- Ground level engine shutdown, battery disconnect switch and steering hitch lock lever allow service technicians to perform maintenance while the machine stays static.
- Longer service intervals on fluids and filters.
- Swing-out doors on both sides of the engine compartment provide easy access to the engine oil dipstick and filler spout, S·O·SSM ports, fuel filters, air conditioner compressor, engine oil filters, alternator, starting receptacle, air filter service indicator, cooler fill and ether starting aid.
- Maintenance-free batteries
- Ecology drains for ease of service and prevention of spilling potential environmental contaminants. Ecology drains are standard on the hydraulic, engine, transmission and coolant systems.
Count on Cat dealers for business solutions
Cat dealers can help customers compare and choose the right machine for their business.
Cat dealers offer financing options to meet a variety of needs.
Improve operating technique for better productivity and profit with the latest Cat dealer training resources.
Cat dealers are with customers every step of the way with unsurpassed worldwide parts support, trained technicians and customer support agreements.
Protecting the environment
PROTECTING THE ENVIRONMENT
With the 990H having a long legacy, it is only fitting this machine has features and services that show environmental responsibility.
- First in this wheel loader size class to meet Tier 3 emissions, and Caterpillar continues to develop technology to meet changing regulatory requirements.
- Maintenance-free, ease of maintenance or extended maintenance, attention has been paid to lowering routine maintenance cost while eliminating waste to the environment.
- Caterpillar provides a number of sustainable options such as our Reman and Certified Rebuild programs. In these programs, reused or remanufactured components can deliver cost savings of 40 to 70 percent, which lowers operating cost while benefiting the environment.
- Caterpillar offers retrofit packages to bring new features to older machines, maximizing your resource. And, when you go through the Cat Certified Rebuild program, these retrofitkits are part of the rebuild process.
Keeping your people safe and productive is our number one priority
At Caterpillar, we have designed the 990H with your most important asset in mind – People. Drawing from a history of technological advancements and practical wisdom, you can be assured that your people are protected while working in, on or around the 990H Wheel Loader.
Whether it be positioning to the truck or watching for people and vehicles on the site, the 990H offers a number of standard and optional features to enhance job site visibility. Features include:
- Articulated wiper/washer system with intermittent features
- Optional high intensity discharge (HID) lights
- Optional warning beacons
- Optional rear vision camera
ACCESS AND EGRESS
The 990H has a number of features to ensure your operator gets safely on and off the 990H.
- Primary and secondary stairwell exits
- Punch stamped tread plates
- Ground level night time stairwell lights
- Full perimeter railings and toe kicks on upper platform
- Side platform emergency egress
- Optional roading fenders
With the 990H, design efforts were taken to group service points with convenient access. As seen in the serviceability section, all service points are at ground level or platform access to maintain three points of contact, and a number of disconnect switches are available to ensure the 990H is static during service.
OPERATOR HEALTH AND WELL BEING
The 990H offers many features that enhance operator comfort and aid in keeping the operator safe.
- Ergonomic cab controls designed for easy adjustment, low effort and minimal motion
- Cab air filtration system
- Laminated cab glass to minimize sound levels
- Optional secondary steering
- 990H Wheel Loaders specalogs Click here to download
For more information please call us at this number:
TOLL FREE :
1800 419 3356