Over 310 hp, Caterpillar’s large Dozers are engineered for demanding work. Durable construction is ensured for tough working conditions. Elevated sprockets increase productivity, simplify maintenance, reduce downtime with modular components and raise final drives and associated power train components out of the work environment. Cat® Track-Type Tractors keep material moving with the reliability and low operating costs expected from Cat tractors.
Over the years, the D10 dozer has proven itself to be a highly productive and versatile machine. It is flexible enough to be used on heavy construction sites and robust enough to be used on mine sites. Continuing the D10T’s legacy, Cat customers can count on the D10T2’s superior performance, long life, ease of operation and world-class service from the global Cat dealer network to be the backbone of their operation.
Engine Model Cat® C27 ACERT™ Flywheel Power 447.0 kW Bore 137.2 mm Stroke 152.0 mm Displacement 27.0 L Engine Power – Gross SAE J1995* (FWD/REV) 470/571 kW (630/766 hp) Engine Power – ISO 14396 (FWD/REV) 462/562 kW (620/754 hp) Engine Power – Net SAE J1349/ISO 9249 (FWD/REV) 447/538 kW (600/722 hp) Note *Excludes all fan losses.
Operating Weight 48784.0 kg Shipping Weight 49793.0 kg
Height (FOPS Cab) 4098.0 mm Height (ROPS/Canopy) 4406.0 mm Height (Top of Stack) 4356.0 mm Length Basic Tractor with Drawbar 5659.0 mm Length with Multi-Shank Ripper 7241.0 mm Length with SU-Blade 7416.0 mm Length with Single-Shank Ripper 7081.0 mm Length with U-Blade 7750.0 mm Overall Length (SU-Blade/SS Ripper) 9158.0 mm Overall Length Basic Tractor 5339.0 mm Track Gauge 2550.0 mm Width over Trunnions 3736.0 mm Width without Trunnions (610 mm/24 in ES) 3292.0 mm Ground Clearance 664.0 mm Drawbar Height (Center of Clevis) 864.0 mm Length of Track on Ground 3872.0 mm
1 Forward 4.0 km/h 2 Forward 7.2 km/h 3 Forward 12.7 km/h 1 Reverse 5.2 km/h 2 Reverse 9.0 km/h 3 Reverse 15.8 km/h Type 3-speed planetary powershift Transmission Clutch Diameter 434.3 mm
Pump Type Variable displacement piston Bulldozer Relief Valve Setting 28000.0 kPa Tilt Cylinder Relief Valve Setting 20300.0 kPa Ripper (Lift) Relief Valve Setting 28000.0 kPa Ripper (Pitch) Relief Valve Setting 28000.0 kPa Combined Pump Output (Implement) 380.0 L/min
Shoe Type Extreme Service (ES) Width of Shoe 610.0 mm Shoes/Side 44 Grouser Height 93.0 mm Pitch 260.0 mm Ground Clearance 615.0 mm Track Gauge 2550.0 mm Ground Contact Area 4.74 m2 Track Rollers/Side 8 Number of Carrier Rollers 1 per side (optional) Length of Track on Ground 3885.0 mm
SERVICE REFILL CAPACITIES
Fuel Tank 1207.0 L Cooling System 208.0 L Engine Crankcase* 83.0 L Power Train 230.0 L Final Drives (each) 23.0 L Roller Frames (each) 64.0 L Pivot Shaft Compartment 33.0 L Hydraulic Tank 131.0 L Note *With oil filters.
TRACK ROLLER FRAME
Oscillation 351.0 mm
STEERING AND BRAKES
Hydraulically Applied Multiple-disc Steering Clutch 392.0 mm Spring Applied Multiple-disc Brake 392.0 mm
FOPS Falling Objects Protective Structure (FOPS) meets the following criteria: ISO 3449:2005 LEVEL II. ROPS Rollover Protective Structure (ROPS) meets the following criteria: ISO 3471:2008. Sound The exterior sound pressure level for the standard machine (ISO 6395) is 115 dB(A)/111 dB(A) (sound suppressed). Sound The operator equivalent sound pressure level (ISO 6396) is 77 dB(A)/74 dB(A) (sound suppressed).
Engineered for maximum production and service life.
Helping you get more done with maximum availability, the D10T2’s durable design makes repair and maintenance easy. Customers can rebuild these tractors several times using the same frame with only minor repairs.
- The D10T2 mainframes are built to absorb high impact shock loads and twisting forces encountered during severe dozing and ripping applications.
- The main case, equalizer bar saddle, and front cross member are heavy duty steel castings incorporated into highly loaded areas of the mainframe to improve stress distribution for improved durability.
- Top and bottom rails are made from continuous rolled sections to eliminate welds and machining, providing superior mainframe durability.
- The main case elevates the final drives well above the ground level work area to protect them from impact loads, abrasion and contaminants.
- The pivot shaft and pinned equalizer bar maintain track roller frame alignment and allow the roller frame to oscillate for smoother ride.
EQUALIZER BAR END PINS
Proper grease lubrication on working surfaces can significantly extend component life and help lower maintenance cost.
- The remote lubrication for the D10T2 is performed from a service point conveniently located on the left hand fender and allows an operator or service technician to lubricate both the left-hand and right-hand equalizer bar end pin bearings and pins from one service point.
- Adding the optional autolube system allows the operator to tailor the amount of grease needed for each application by volume and service interval through the Information Display.
Power and reliability to help you move more.
C27 WITH ACERT TECHNOLOGY
The evolution of the D10T to the D10T2 is all about maximizing productivity while increasing fuel efficiency. The Cat C27 engine with ACERT Technology delivers power and reliability, ensuring top performance, high productivity, and exceptional service life.
- The C27 performs at full rated net power (SAE J1349/ISO 9249) of 447 kW (600 hp) at 1,800 rpm with a high torque rise of 21 percent (in forward gears), allowing the D10T2 todoze through tough material.
- Matched with a high efficiency torque divider and electronically controlled power shift transmission, it will provide years of dependable service.
Helping you maximize the material moved for every drop of fuel, the C27 utilizes the A4E4 Engine Controller, which automatically switches engine power settings based on direction of travel.
- The D10T2 can deliver rated net power (SAE J1349/ISO 9249) of 538 kW (722 hp) in reverse.
- With approximately 20% more power in reverse you can return faster for reduced cycle times increasing productivity and lowering the cost per unit of material moved.
Bringing more cool air into the engine increases power generation, lowers emissions, and improves fuel efficiency.
- Air-to-Air Aftercooling on the D10T2 cools hot, compressed air coming out of the turbocharger providing cooler and denser air into the air intake system.
Superior cooling keeps you moving in the most demanding work conditions.
The D10T2 provides durable, efficient cooling for the most demanding conditions encountered on job sites.
ALUMINUM BAR PLATE RADIATOR – 6 FPI
Cooling system uses a two-part radiator built with rugged, highly efficient aluminum bar plate cores. The aluminum bar plate construction aids durability and allows for higher heat transfer and superior corrosion resistance.
AIR TO OIL HYDRAULIC COOLER
Helping to save on repair and maintenance costs, the air to oil hydraulic cooler helps extend component life by reducing hydraulic oil temperatures. The core is built using the same rugged aluminum bar plate design as the engine radiator.
CLOSED CIRCUIT HYDRAULICALLY VARIABLE, DEMAND FAN
Customers experience increases in production and fuel economy as well as reductions in fan noise and engine overcooling with the closed circuit hydraulically variable demand fan. The demand fan operates to match the ambient conditions. In cooler environments, the fan turns at a slower speed; it consumes only the power required to cool the tractor systems, providing more power to the tracks to help you lower your cost per unit of material moved.
- Reversible cooling fan
- Mesabi radiator
Increased performance and improved efficiency to move more material with less fuel.
Fuel efficiency and performance are improved with the new field-proven load-sensing implement hydraulics on the D10T2, which respond to operating requirements by automatically and continually adjusting implement hydraulic power. Tractor performance is improved because hydraulic flow is provided only when implement commands are made. Therefore, more horsepower is available at tracks to move the machine ahead.
- When feedback pressure increases while engaging a blade load or ripping the implement pump “up-strokes.” This increases hydraulic flow, providing ample hydraulic power fordozing or ripping.
- The D10T2 Load-sense hydraulics have improved multi-function interaction providing enhanced control of blade during dozing allowing for efficient movement of material.
- Twin implement pumps matched with newly designed valves offer simultaneous dozer commands such as tilt, pitch, and lift, as well as simultaneous ripper commands like liftand pitch.This functionality increases performance and improves operator efficiency.
- The D10T2 provides unmatched single and dual tilt pry-out forces. The machine now has individual tilt valve sections that provide equal tilt pry-out force on left and right sides with dual tilt.
Power and control to efficiently move your material.
The D10T2 power train design optimizes performance and ease of operation helping customers get more done for the lowest cost per unit.
ADVANCED PRODUCTIVITY ELECTRONIC CONTROL SYSTEM (APECS)
Is a key contributor to improved speed shift performance and quality in the D10T2. The operator will notice enhanced comfort during speed shifting resulting in an increased level of operator productivity. Most importantly, the improved shift quality provided by APECS is a key enabler to obtaining the full benefits of Enhanced Autoshift (EAS).
ENHANCED AUTOSHIFT (EAS)
A new standard feature for the D10T2 is EAS. EAS improves fuel efficiency and productivity by automatically selecting the optimal gear and engine speed combination based upon power train load and desired ground speed. This feature functions similar to an automatic transmission. EAS functionality combined with the increased power in reverse will enhance productivity when backing up on slopes.
This convenience feature helps reduce operator fatigue during operation. Bi-directional shift allows the operator, by just making a directional change, to automatically select the desired forward and reverse gears or the desired forward and reverse speeds when EAS is activated.
This feature adds value by enhancing safety and productivity during the dozing cycle. When not in EAS mode, Auto downshift can be used to automatically downshift the transmission when significant load increases are detected, but this feature will not automatically up-shift when load is reduced. Auto downshift provides optimal performance with minimal operator effort. Operator may override these automatic shift features at any time.
A single stage torque converter with output torque divider sends 75% of engine torque through the converter and 25% through a direct drive shaft for greater driveline efficiency, higher torque multiplication, and ease of operation.
PLANETARY POWERSHIFT TRANSMISSION
Three speeds forward and three speeds reverse, utilizing large diameter, high-capacity, oil-cooled clutches.
- Modulation system permits smooth speed and direction changes with Advanced Productivity Electronic Control System (APECS)
- Oil-to-water cooler for maximum cooling capacity.
- Forced oil flow lubricates and cools clutch packs to provide maximum clutch life.
- Modular transmission and bevel gear slide into rear case for easy servicing, even with ripper installed.
STEERING CLUTCH AND BRAKE
Fade resistant and adjustment free. The multi-disc, oil-cooled steering clutches are hydraulically applied and electronically controlled. The brakes are applied by springs and hydraulically released for safe and reliable braking performance. Steering clutches, brakes and final drives can be removed as a unit from each side of the tractor.
Designed to optimize machine balance and performance at your site.
The elevated sprocket and suspended undercarriage work together, increasing traction while creating a smoother ride for your operators. The elevated sprocket design transfers implement shock loads to the mainframe, so final drives, axles and steering components are isolated from harsh impacts. These benefits translate into higher production and longer component life.
- Bogie Suspension allows the track to conform to ground condition, providing up to 15% more ground contact, especially in hard, uneven terrain. Higher traction means less slippage, better balance, and a smoother ride.
- The integrated carrier roller mount is fabricated into the track roller frame making it easy to add optional carrier rollers in the field.
- To further enhance durability where operating loads are highest, the newly redesigned roller frames consist of three (3) main castings to resist bending and twisting. The newroller frame improvements also include larger rear major bogie pivot pins, redesigned carrier roller mounting pads, and improved major bogie mounting locations.
- Redesigned track master link with single tooth and coarse thread bolts provide superior reliability and durability.
Provide flexibility to match the machine to your job.
All blades feature a strong box-section design that resists twisting and cracking. Blades are made of high tensile strength steel that stands up to the most demanding applications. Heavy moldboard construction and hardened bolt-on cutting edges and end bits add strength and durability.
- High-Capacity Universal Blades – Offers optimal capacity for moving big loads over long distances.
- Semi-Universal Blades – Built for tough applications where penetration is important.
- Dual Tilt – Allows the operator to optimize blade pitch angle.
- Cutting Edges and End Bits – Cutting edges are made of DH-2™ steel. End bits are made of DH-3™ steel for maximum service life in tough materials.
- Cat Work Tools offer a range of special application blades, including a coal stockpile blade, cushion dozer blade, reclamation blade, and a wood chip blade.
- Rippers are made to penetrate tough material fast and rip thoroughly for use in a variety of materials.
- Single-Shank Ripper – Operator can adjust the shank depth from the seat using an optional single-shank pin puller. Large upper frame view hole improves ripper tip visibility.
- Multi-Shank Ripper – Tailors the tractor to the material by using one, two or three shanks.
- Deep-Shank Tooth – Optional deep tooth ripper shank for both single and multi-shank rippers.
Rear Counterweights provide proper tractor balance to maximize dozing production. They are recommended if not equipped with any other rear attachment.
Designed for your comfort, convenience, and productivity.
The D10T2’s cab design provides ergonomic controls, intuitive monitoring systems, and enhanced visibility. All of the new features within the D10T2 operator station provide an industry leading operator environment that helps contribute to high levels of productivity, efficiency, and comfort.
- Standard machine provides 77 dB(A) operator noise levels. Lower sound levels are available if optional sound suppression packages are installed.
- Cat Comfort Series Seat has six way adjustment control for optimal support and comfort. Seat side bolsters restrain side-to-side movement, especially when working on side slopes.
- The automatic climate control system automatically adjusts heating and air conditioning controls to maintain a consistent cab temperature throughout the day.
WIDE PANORAMIC VIEW
- For enhanced safety and production, the operator station offers an exceptional viewing area.
- The tapered hood, notched fuel tank, and narrow ripper carriage gives the operator a clear line of sight to front and rear work areas.
- The new multi-color/touch screen display located at the front of the right hand console is the operator’s gateway to monitoring machine performance and a convenient way ofmodifying machine parameters to tailor performance to the current task.
- The new Information Display screen is larger, faster, and more powerful with increased memory and intuitive menu structure.
- The Work Monitor menu screen within the Information Display collects machine data and provides real-time feedback on machine performance to optimize productivity.
- Emergency stop device
- Communications radio mounting
- Entertainment radio ready and IPOD/MP3 player ready
- Power point plug-in on the right side console (12-volt laptop and wireless phone compatible)
- Optional heated and ventilated seat
- Optional 5th Percentile Arrangement provides proper ergonomics for smaller operator
- Optional Dual Pane Impact Resistant Glass
- Optional Cat Ultra Strength 40 psi Glass
IMPLEMENT AND STEERING CONTROLS
Finger Tip Controls (FTC) requires less effort and are more comfortable for long periods of operation. Electronic controls eliminate direct mechanical connections to the power train, resulting in reduced noise and vibration inside the cab. A low-effort electronic dozer control handle gives the operator complete control of all dozer functions with one hand. The ripper control handle is located to the operator’s right, directly behind the dozer joystick. A rigidly mounted hand grip provides firm support for the operator even when ripping in the roughest terrain.
Increase your productivity with these integrated electronic systems.
The D10T2 electronic systems have been completely integrated to function as one machine. This integration creates a smart machine and more informed operator maximizing the productivity of both.
- VIMS™ 3G – Enables your equipment to provide detailed, up-to-the-minute data about its own health and working conditions by monitoring key temperatures, pressures, andmore. Additional subscription required.
- Cat Product Link™ – Allows remote monitoring of equipment to improve overall fleet-management effectiveness. Product Link licensing not available in all areas. Please consultyour Cat dealer for availability.
- Automated Blade Assist (ABA) – Increases efficiency while reducing operator workload. ABA makes use of preset blade pitch positions. ABA is standard on the D10T2 when itis equipped with optional dual tilt.
- Autocarry™ (optional) – Provides automatic blade control during the carry segment of the dozing cycle by measuring ground speed and track slip with a robust GlobalNavigation Satellite System (GNSS) chassis mounted receiver. Blade position is changed automatically to keep slip at optimum level for best performance. It is intended to enhance the operator’s productivity in high production earthmoving applications with carry distances over 30.5 m (100 ft).
- Adaptive Load Select – A new feature that further enhances Autocarry functionality. Depending on operating conditions like soil type, moisture levels, track wear, etc, adaptive loadselect will automatically adjust the blade load during operation.
- Automatic Ripper Control (optional) – New feature that reduces operator fatigue and decreases wear and tear on the machine. This is done by monitoring the tractor speed withthe ROPS mounted GNSS to automatically adjust engine speed and ripper depth to minimize track slip.
CAT MINESTAR SYSTEM
Configurable to suit your operation’s needs.
Cat MineStar System is an integrated suite of mine operations and mobile equipment management technologies. Customers can configure the optional sets: Fleet, Terrain, Detect, Health and Command – to manage multiple operations and gather real-time feedback to enhance safety, productivity and efficiency.
- Fleet (optional) provides comprehensive, real-time machine tracking assignment, and productivity management. This system presents a comprehensive, worldwide overview of all customer operations.
- Terrain for Grading (optional) is a system that enables an electronic site plan to be sent to the machine from the office in real-time, directing the operator where to cut and fill.A graphical map of the design plan and a view of the machine’s horizontal and vertical position simplify operation and enhance production. – In addition to the Terrain indicateonly system, Caterpillar is releasing the next generation of the system with an (optional) Blade Control Feature. Building on proven software utilized in other Cat technology
products, the new blade control feature not only automatically guides the blade to the desired design contours, but is also integrated with Autocarry to sense and automatically
control the load of the blade for improved performance and efficient blade loading in high production dozing applications.
- Detect (optional) provides equipment operators with enhanced awareness of the environment around the machine, resulting in enhanced safety and greater operator confidence.
- Health (optional) delivers critical and comprehensive equipment health and asset monitoring with a variety of diagnostic and reporting tools, analytics and recommendations.
- Command for Dozing (optional) allows the operator to control the machine using a portable over-the shoulder operator console. The system is appropriate for use in particularlyhazardous operating environments where it would enable the operator to remove themselves from the machine.
For more information visit mining.cat.com/technology.
Focused on keeping everyone safe.
Worker safety is Caterpillar’s top priority. We constantly enhance product design and engineering to support customer safety goals and create safe working environments.
SEAT BELT WARNING SYSTEM
This new feature reminds the operator to engage the seat belt anytime the key is on – (LCD icon). If the operator still does not engage the seat belt and places the machine in gear a chirping sound will be initiated.
OPERATOR NOT PRESENT MONITORING SYSTEM
This new feature locks out the power train and hydraulics under certain conditions to prevent unintentional movement when the operator is not in the seat.
PUSH-ARM GRAB HANDLE
Strategically placed grab handles plus non-slip steps and decking aid operator getting on and off the machine.
SPECTATOR SOUND REDUCTION
The D10T2 offers three options to control operator and spectator sound levels. Options include:
- Sealed bottom guards.
- Solid engine compartment enclosures with insulation.
- Sound reducing idlers and machined sprocket segments.
When all three options are ordered, the D10T2 sound suppression package can deliver a 4 dB(A) (ISO 6395) reduction in the average spectator sound power level and a 3 dB(A) (ISO 6396) reduction in the average operator sound pressure level from the non-sound suppressed cab option.
The D10T2 offers multiple visibility package options that enhance the operator’s visibility of his or her surroundings and provides a broader view of the work area.
- Mirrors on bulldozer lift cylinders
- Single rear facing camera with 7″” display
- Dual rear facing cameras with 7″” display
The D10T2 offers several lighting package options to enhance the operators’ view of their surroundings during night operation.
- High Intensity Discharge (HID)
- Cat Light Emitting Diode (LED) Work Lights
CAT POWERED ACCESS SYSTEM (OPTIONAL)
The Cat powered access system provides excellent access and egress to and from the cab, allowing easy access even in wet or freezing conditions.
- Electrically powered ladder deploys and stores in seconds.
- Rails on both sides of the ladder provide three-point contact.
- Warning alarms will sound if the parking brake is released or the blade is raised when the ladder is down.
REAR PLATFORM AND GUARD RAILS (OPTIONAL)
The platform provides access to the rear window for cleaning and repairing rear mounted lights. The walkway is a modular design so varying lengths can be used across the back of the tractor to meet unique customer needs.
TWO STEP DOZER LIFT CYLINDER ACCESS PLATFORM WITH GUARD RAILS
This feature provides access to the lift cylinders for cleaning or repairing the mounted mirrors and lights.
A key advantage of the D10T2’s modular design is the ability to swap out a component with a pre-tested rebuilt or remanufactured unit that puts the machine back to work faster.
GROUND LEVEL SERVICE OPTIONS
The ground level service center mounted on the ripper cylinder or counterweight provides easy access to:
- Access lighting switch
- Engine shutdown switch
- Hydraulically raise and lower the ladder
HIGH SPEED OIL CHANGE
Standard in the engine compartment the high speed oil change system allows control of fluids while increasing the speed of oil changes for both the engine and power train. On the D10T2 the high speed oil change has the option of being mounted on either a ripper or counterweight and can be serviced at ground level.
The new Ok-to-Start strategy provides electronic fluid level verification at startup on the engine coolant, engine oil and power train oil systems. All information is available via the Information Display within the cab.
FAST FUEL SYSTEM
The fast fuel system at ground level, with positive fuel shut-off to prevent fuel spillage, can reduce fuel waste and decrease downtime.
Your Cat dealer knows how to keep your mining machines producing.
LEGENDARY CAT DEALER SUPPORT
From helping you choose the right machine to knowledgeable ongoing support, Cat dealers provide you with unmatched sales and service.
- Preventive maintenance programs and guaranteed maintenance contracts.
- Best-in-class parts availability.
- Operator training to help boost your profits.
- Genuine Cat Remanufactured parts.
Thinking about your legacy for future generations.
Sustainable Development for Caterpillar means leveraging technology and innovation to increase efficiency and productivity with less impact on the environment. This helps customers by enabling their businesses to become more productive by providing products, services and solutions that use resources more efficiently. The new D10T2 offers a number of sustainable benefits:
- Enhancements in engine fuel efficiency can improve sustainability: – The D10T2 with a C27 ACERT engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final emission standards and provides up to2% better fuel efficiency over a D10T performing the same composite work cycle. – The D10T2 with a C27 ACERT engine capable of achieving emission levels equivalent toU.S. EPA Tier 2 standards provides up to 10% better fuel efficiency over a D10T performing the same composite work cycle.
- Reduced operator and spectator sound levels result in less impact on the communities where they operate. The new D10T2 offers an optional sound suppression packagethat delivers an operator sound level of 74 dB(A) (ISO 6396) and also delivers a spectator sound level of 111 dB(A) (ISO 6395) with a sound suppressed cab.
- The (optional) autolube system will help lower maintenance cost by eliminating the majority of labor required with daily point-by-point manual lubrication and cut greaseconsumption by delivering exact amount required to each bearing or lube point.
- Major components of Cat dozers are designed to be rebuilt. The Cat Certified Rebuild program conserves natural resources by delivering a cost effective second and eventhird life for our machines.
- D10T2 Track Type Tractors specalogs Click here to download
For more information please call us at this number:
TOLL FREE :
1800 419 3356