Caterpillar builds Off-Highway Trucks specifically for work in mines, construction and quarries.
Designed for performance, designed for comfort, built to last.
Engine Model Cat® 3412E Rated Engine Speed 2000.0 RPM Gross Power – SAE J1995 530.0 Kw Net Power – SAE J1349 501.0 kW Net Power – Cat 501.0 kW Flywheel Power 501.0 kW Net Power – 80/1269/EEC 501.0 kW Net Power – ISO 9249 501.0 kW Net Power – DIN 70020 681 PS Number of Cylinders 12 Torque Rise 40.00% Bore 137.0 mm Stroke 152.0 mm Displacement 27.0 L Peak Torque 3434.0 N·m
WEIGHTS – APPROXIMATE
Target Gross Machine Operating Weight 99300.0 kg Chassis Weight 30200.0 kg Body Weight 9210.0 kg
Nominal Payload Class (100%) 55.5 tonnes Top Speed – Loaded 62.2 km/h Body Capacity – Struck 26.6 m3 Steer Angle 31.0 Degrees Turning Circle Clearance Diameter 25.0 m Body Capacity – SAE 2:1 35.2 m3 Turning Diameter – Front 22.0 m Raise Time 9.5 Seconds Lower Time 12.5 Seconds
Forward 1 9.9 km/h Forward 2 13.9 km/h Forward 3 18.8 km/h Forward 4 25.2 km/h Forward 5 34.1 km/h Forward 6 45.9 km/h Forward 7 62.2 km/h Reverse 13.1 km/h
Differential Ratio 3.64:1 Planetary Ratio 4.8:1 Total Reduction Ratio 17.48:1
Brake Surface – Front 1395.0 cm2 Brake Surface – Rear 61269.0 cm2 Brake Standards ISO 3450: 1996
Pump Flow – High Idle 491.0 L/min Relief Valve Setting – Raise 17225.0 kPa Relief Valve Setting – Lower 3445.0 kPa Body Raise Time – High Idle 9.5 Seconds Body Lower Time – Float 12.5 Seconds Body Power Down – High Idle 17.51 Seconds
CAPACITY – DUAL SLOPE – 100% FILL FACTOR
Struck 26.6 m3 Heaped 2:1 (SAE) 35.2 m3 Heaped 3:1 32.4 m3 Heaped 1:1 43.3 m3
WEIGHT DISTRIBUTIONS – APPROXIMATE
Front Axle – Empty 47.3% Front Axle – Loaded 33.3% Rear Axle – Empty 52.7% Rear Axle – Loaded 66.7%
Effective Cylinder Stroke – Front 234.0 mm Effective Cylinder Stroke – Rear 149.0 mm Rear Axle Oscillation 8.1 Degrees
APPROXIMATE WEIGHTS – DUAL SLOPE
Chassis 30200.0 kg Body 9210.0 kg Standard liner 3900.0 kg Front axle – empty 47.30% Front axle – loaded 33.30% Rear axle – empty 52.70% Rear axle – loaded 66.70% Gross vehicle 99300.0 kg
SERVICE REFILL CAPACITIES
Fuel Tank 700.0 L Cooling System 122.0 L Differentials and Final Drives 155.0 L Steering Tank 34.0 L Steering System (Includes Tank) 60.0 L Torque Converter / Brake / Hoist Hydraulic Tank 133.0 L Brake / Hoist System (Includes Tank) 307.0 L Torque Converter / Transmission System (Includes Sump) 72.0 L Crankcase 68.0 L Torque Converter/Transmission System 53.0 L
Standard Tire 24.00-R35 (E4)
ROPS/FOPS Standards Standards Meets SAE J1040 May94 and ISO 3471:1997
Sound Standards Meets SAE J88 APR95
Turning Diameter Front Wheel Track 22.0 m Turning Diameter – Front 22.0 m Steering Standards Steering Standards Meets SAEJ1511 FEB94 and ISO 5010:1992 Steer Angle 31.0 Degrees Turning Circle Clearance Diameter 25.0 m
Height – Top of ROPS 4000.0 mm Overall Body Length 8535.0 mm Inside Body Length 6400.0 mm Overall Length 9120.0 mm Wheelbase 4191.0 mm Rear Axle to Tail 2782.0 mm Ground Clearance 591.0 mm Dump Clearance 676.0 mm Loading Height – Empty 3773.0 mm Inside Body Depth – Max 1805.0 mm Overall Height – Body Raised 8787.0 mm Operating Width 5076.0 mm Centerline Front Tire Width 3275.0 mm Engine Guard Clearance 667.0 mm Overall Canopy Width 4398.0 mm Outside Body Width 3910.0 mm Inside Body Width 3658.0 mm Front Canopy Height 4424.0 mm Rear Axle Clearance 591.0 mm Centerline Rear Dual Tire Width 2927.0 mm Overall Tire Width 4457.0 mm
Control ease and comfort maximize productivity
ERGONOMIC CONTROLS AT THE OPERATOR’S FINGERTIPS
The ROPS/FOPS cabin has electric power window, electro-hydraulic hoist lever, trainer’s seat, front brake cut-off switch, backlit LED gear numbers, and optional heater and air conditioner. The hoist lever is electro-hydraulic and fingertip actuated, providing low impact body-down snubbing.
ELECTRONIC MONITORING SYSTEM (EMS) – CRITICAL DATA IN THREE SEPARATE DISPLAYS
(1) Four-gauge cluster – coolant temperature, oil temperature, brake air pressure, fuel level(2) Tachometer, digital speedometer, actual gear indicator(3) Message center module
CONTOUR SERIES AIR SUSPENSION SEAT AND TILT-TELESCOPING STEERING WHEEL
Standard and fully adjustable, including an adjustable right-hand armrest. Steering wheel’s ergonomic grip improves comfort and control. Low effort steering system and foot-operated retarder reduce operator fatigue. Turn signal lever includes high beam actuator and electric windshield wiper controls.
VISIBILITY IN AN INTEGRAL, QUIET ROPS/FOPS CAB
Exceptional all-around viewing area reduces fatigue and improves operator confidence and productivity. Cab is resiliently mounted and sound-suppressed for a quiet, protected work environment, and is radio-ready.
TRUCK PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (TPMS) (OPTIONAL) PROVIDES PAYLOAD AND CYCLE TIME DATA
- Cat technology uses strut pressure sensors and on-board processors to determine payload weight.
- Consistently accurate payloads improve efficiency by minimizing overloading and underloading.
- On-board computer stores 1,400 cycles of payload weight, cycle times, distances and more.
POWER TRAIN — ENGINE
Cat 3412E Turbocharged engine with a HEUI™ fuel system
CAT 3412E AIR-TO-AIR AFTER COOLED DIESEL ENGINE
The four stroke design uses long power strokes for complete fuel combustion and optimum efficiency. High displacement/low speed rating extends engine life and meets China Nonroad Stage II Emissions Standards.
1) Valve Rotators2) Turbocharger 3) Stellite-Faced Valves 4) Steel-Backed, Copper-Bonded Bearings 5) Oil Cooler 6) Forged Crankshaft 7) Adjustment-Free, Fuel Injection Pumps 8) Hydraulic Injectors 9) Forged Steel Pistons 10) Full-length, Water-Cooled Cylinder Liners
40 PERCENT TORQUE RISE MEANS FASTER CYCLE TIMES
High lugging force during acceleration and less downshifting on grade or rough underfoot conditions. Also effectively matches gear shift points for maximum efficiency.
3412E POWER AND RELIABILITY FEATURES
- High pressure injection
- Full electronic control
- Copper-bonded crankshaft bearings
- Hardened crankshaft journals
- Dry-type, radial seal air cleaners (primary, secondary elements, precleaner)
HEUI™ DELIVERS EXCELLENT FUEL CONTROL
Electronically monitors operator and machine inputs to optimize engine performance. Independently controls injection pressure, timing and duration over the engine operating range. Rate shaping technology modifies the heat release characteristics of the combustion process for significant decreases in sound and exhaust emission levels.
ELECTRONIC CONTROL MODULE (ECM)
The ECM monitors key functions and logs critical indicators. The Electronic Technician can access this diagnostic information for easier maintenance and repair.
POWER TRAIN – TRANSMISSION
The Cat transmission gets the job done smoothly and quickly.
1) LOCK-UP TORQUE CONVERTER EXTENDS TRANSMISSION LIFE AND INCREASES OPERATOR COMFORT
High rimpull and cushioned shifts with direct drive’s efficiency and performance.
- Engages at approximately 6.9 km/h (4.3 mph), delivering more power to the wheels
- Quickly releases / re-engages during shifts, maintaining power wind-up
2) CAT SEVEN-SPEED, POWER SHIFT TRANSMISSION
A modulating pressure valve regulates clutch pressure to ease clutch engagement, reducing shock loads.
- Patented rotating clutch pressure seals minimize drag losses and improve reliability
- 35 percent gear splits between all gears match Cat engine design for optimum use of engine power with minimized shifting and torque converter use
- Matched with the 3412E engine for constant power over a wide range of operating speeds.
- Seven speeds forward, one reverse; second through seventh gears are direct drive
- First gear has both torque converter drive and direct drive
3) FINAL DRIVES
Final drive and differential torque multiplication of 17.48:1 further reduces stress on the drive train.
AXLES, WHEEL AND RIMS
Full floating axles are shot-peened to relieve internal stresses and increase durability. Rolled splines also provide increased service life. Cast rear wheels and center-mount rims are mounted using studs and nuts for maximum reliability.
ENGINE/POWER TRAIN INTEGRATION
Combining engine control module (ECM) with the transmission controller
INTEGRATING SYSTEMS IMPROVES PERFORMANCE
Electronic control of the engine and transmission improves efficiency, lowers operating costs and extends machine life.
CAT DATA LINK
Integrates machine computer systems:
- Controlled Throttle Shifting regulates engine speed during shifts to reduce driveline stress, and deliver smoother shifts and longer component life.
- Economy Shift Mode modifies engine maps for lower fuel consumption.
- Directional Shift Management regulates engine speed during directional shifts to prevent damage.
- Elevated Idle Neutral Coast Inhibitor helps prevent shifts to neutral at speeds above 6.5 km/h (4 mph).
- Body-up Shift Inhibitor helps prevent transmission shifts above a preprogrammed gear without the body fully lowered.
- Event Memory stores operational data for Electronic Technician access. Data includes:
- Shift histograms – Operator-induced events – Lock-up clutch counter – Machine/Transmission overspeed
ELECTRONIC TECHNICIAN (CAT ET)
Accesses engine and transmission data stored by the Cat Data Link System, and displays the status of all engine parameters.
CAT ELECTRONIC MONITORING SYSTEM (EMS)
Displays information on request, and alerts the operator to abnormal conditions with a three-category warning system.
- Automatic Retarder Control (ARC) automatically controls retarding on grade, maintaining ±2,230 rpm.
- Traction Control System (TCS) improves performance in poor underfoot conditions by electronically monitoring and controlling wheel slip.
- Integrated Brake Controller (IBC) combines ARC and TCS, reducing electronic components and electrical lines.
OIL-COOLED, REAR DISC BRAKES
Rear braking lets the operator concentrate on the haul road.
1) Parking/Secondary Piston, 2) Service/Retarding Piston, 3) Friction Discs, 4) Steel Plates, 5) Actuating Springs, 6) Cooling Oil In, 7) Cooling Oil Out
MULTIPLE DISC BRAKES – EXCEPTIONAL, FADE-RESISTANT BRAKING AND RETARDING
Cat multiple disc brakes use continuous forced oil-cooling. The optional ARC and TCS utilize the oil-cooled rear brakes to enhance truck performance and increase productivity.
OIL-COOLED REAR DISC BRAKES
Designed and built for reliable, adjustment-free operation providing superior performance and service life in comparison to shoe-type and dry-disc systems. The system combines service, retarding and parking brake functions in a single unit. If hydraulic system pressure drops below a certain level, the spring applied secondary piston automatically applies the brake.
OIL FILM PREVENTS DIRECT CONTACT BETWEEN DISCS
Absorbing the braking forces by shearing oil and carrying heat away, this design extends brake life.
Spring-applied, hydraulically released, oil-cooled disc brakes are located on the rear axle. The front brakes will activate as part of the secondary system, even if switched out of service.
Spring-applied, hydraulically released parking brakes use wet disc brakes in the service system. A toggle switch activates the parking brake.
A Caterpillar patented, two-piston design combines the service, secondary and parking brakes, along with retarding functions.
INTEGRATED BRAKING CONTROL (IBC)
Combines benefits of Automatic Retarding and Traction Control System
AUTOMATIC RETARDER CONTROL (OPTIONAL)
The ARC electronically controls braking on grade to maintain approximately 2,230 rpm (engine rpm is adjustable from 2,150-2,300 rpm in increments of 10 rpm). ARC is deactivated when the operator applies the brakes or throttle.
ENGINE OVERSPEED PROTECTION
With the accelerator depressed and/or ARC turned off, ARC will automatically activate at 2,475 rpm to help avoid potentially destructive and often costly engine overspeeds.
TRACTION CONTROL SYSTEM (OPTIONAL)
Senses if rear wheel slip exceeds the set limit, and automatically applies rear brakes to slow the spinning wheel.
An on-dash indicator shows the operator that TCS is engaged.
Utilizes normal differential action to provide superior maneuvering in poor underfoot conditions. Also reduces tire scuffing as compared to positive lock differentials used on other systems.
TCS divides torque equally to reduce stress created on final drives and axles when torque is transferred to one side.
Should sensors fail, the normal differential action is still available to maintain control and steering
Rugged body for varying applications
DESIGNED TO HANDLE A VARIETY OF MATERIAL DENSITIES.
Maximum payload in 3-5 passes with matched Cat loader in material over 1700 kg/m³ (2,900 lb/yd³).
TRUCK BODY FEATURES
- Sidewall and floor junctions use five-sided beams to resist impact loads and hauling stresses
- Box-section beams increase durability in the floor, sidewalls, top rail, corner and cab canopy areas
- 400 Brinell Steel wear surfaces provide excellent wear resistance and are easily cold welded
- Two-stage hoist cylinders raise in 9.5 seconds, lower in 12.5 seconds
- Standard Body comes exhaust heated with options including a full-time muffler or exhaust diverter
- Custom attachments include tail end liner, sideboards and more, to help ensure rated payload.
DUAL-SLOPE BODY DELIVERS LOWEST COST-PER-TON
Efficient in most construction and mining applications, but excels on rough haul roads and steeper grades.
BODY FLOOR CONSTRUCTION
- 8° “V” Bottom – Centers loads, lowers the center of gravity, increases retention, reduces shock loads
- 18° Ducktail and 9° Forward Body Slope – retains loads on 15% grade
- 12° Single Slope – Excellent wear characteristics and uniform dumping into hoppers, crushers and feeders.
The backbone of the Cat off-highway truck
The 773E frame uses 20 castings in high stress areas with deep penetrating and continuous wrap-around welding. Mild steel provides flexibility, durability and resistance to impact loads even in cold climates.
ROLLOVER PROTECTION STRUCTURE (ROPS)
The ROPS attaches securely to four castings welded into the frame.
FRAME FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Integral front bumper and front box beams for suspension cylinder and ROPS support
- Box-section rear cross member for body and ROPS support with attachment points for maintenance platform and rear engine hood hinge support
- Castings provide additional strength in critical stress area
- Mild steel plates (290 MPa [42,000 psi] minimum yield strength) and castings (241 MPa [35,000 psi] minimum yield strength) provide flexibility, durability and easy field maintenance
- Castings provide additional strength in critical stress areas
BOX-SECTION FRAME SIMPLIFIES ACCESS TO POWER TRAIN COMPONENTS
Open design reduces overall removal and installation time, lowering repair costs. Repairs can be made without preheating in ambient temperatures above 16° C (60° F) using readily available welding supplies.
SUSPENSION SYSTEM DISSIPATES HAUL ROAD AND LOADING IMPACTS
Four independent suspension cylinders absorb shocks. Rear cylinders allow axle oscillation and absorb bending and twisting stresses. Front cylinders act as steering kingpins, for maneuverability and reduced maintenance.
Cat Dealers offer their total commitment to customer support.
IMPROVED SERVICEABILITY AND MACHINE AVAILABILITY
Allows 30-50% faster engine service (changing most oil and filters). Improves service scheduling, allows servicing during normal work hours and reduces total engine service time.
The machine platform provides access to the air tanks, brake master cylinder and make-up tank; engine oil level; air filters; steering hydraulic tanks; and battery compartment.
GROUND LEVEL BATTERY DISCONNECT
RADIAL SEAL FILTERS
Easy to change, radial seal filters reduce air filter maintenance times.
VERTICAL, SPIN-ON FILTERS
Simplified servicing and the elimination of spillage are benefits of vertical, spin-on filters.
QUICK COUPLER PRESSURE TAPS
SEALED ELECTRICAL CONNECTORS
MACHINE MANAGEMENT SERVICE
Cat dealers help manage equipment investments with:
Vehicle systems analysis to help match the right machine to the job
Preventative maintenance programs
S•O•S oil analysis and technical analysis programs
Repair option analysis
Training for operators and mechanics
TPMS data analysis
The Caterpillar worldwide computer network locates parts instantly to minimize machine downtime.
SYSTEMS / APPLICATIONS
The 773E is designed for versatility.
MACHINE CONFIGURATION OPTIONS
CAT PRODUCT ANALYSIS TEAM (PAT)
- 773E OFF-HIGHWAY TRUCKS specalogs Click here to download
For more information please call us at this number:
TOLL FREE :
1800 419 3356