Cat® Draglines are a primary excavating tool in many surface mining operations worldwide. Used primarily for the removal of overburden in long-life surface coal mines, Cat® Draglines are higly productive excavating tools used for many surface mining operations. With Cat Draglines you get the lowest material cost per tonne in the industry. Cat 8750 is the flagship model in the Cat dragline portfolio.
Offering the highest levels of overburden removal productivity at the lowest total cost per tonne (ton), the 8750 is the flagship model of the Cat dragline product line. The first dragline of any kind to be successfully equipped with AC IGBT drive systems, a superior technology designed your workday more productive, predictable, and most importantly, safe.
Bucket Capability 76-116 m3 (100-152 yd3) Boom Length 109.7-132.5 m (360-435 ft) Working Weight (Approximate) 5.8-7.5 million kg (13.1-15.9 million lb)
Drag Motors 6 to 8 × 1230 kW (6 to 8 × 1,650 hp) Hoist Motors 6 to 8 × 1230 kW (6 to 8 × 1,650 hp) IGBT-AFE Inverter Cabinets 4 or 5 Water-Cooled Walking Motors 4 × 932 kW (4 × 1,250 hp)
Approximate Working Weight 5.8-7.5 million kg (13.1-15.9 million lb) Boom Lengths 109.7-132.5 m (360-435 ft) Bucket Capabilities 76-116 m3 (100-152 yd3) Rated Suspended Load 226,800-344,736 kg (500,000-760,000 lb)
WEIGHTS – 22.9 M (75 FT) BASE
Boom Length @ 39° (109.7 m/360 ft) – Ballast Weight, approximate 453592.0 kg Boom Length @ 39° (109.7 m/360 ft) – Net Weight, domestic, approximate with bucket 5502075.0 kg Boom Length @ 39° (109.7 m/360 ft) – Working Weight, approximate with bucket 5955668.0 kg Boom Length @ 39° (117.3 m/385 ft) – Ballast Weight, approximate 580598.0 kg Boom Length @ 39° (117.3 m/385 ft) – Net Weight, domestic, approximate with bucket 5497540.0 kg Boom Length @ 39° (117.3 m/385 ft) – Working Weight, approximate with bucket 6078138.0 kg Boom Length @ 39° (124.9 m/410 ft) – Ballast Weight, approximate 647276.0 kg Boom Length @ 39° (124.9 m/410 ft) – Net Weight, domestic, approximate with bucket 5535188.0 kg Boom Length @ 39° (124.9 m/410 ft) – Working Weight, approximate with bucket 6182464.0 kg
ELECTRICAL – 22.9 M (75 FT) BASE
Drag Motors 6 to 8 × 1230 kW (6 to 8 × 1,650 hp) Hoist Motors 6 to 8 × 1230 kW (6 to 8 × 1,650 hp) IGBT-AFE Inverter Cabinets 4 Water-Cooled* Swing Motors 7 or 8 × 932 kW (7 or 8 × 1,250 hp) Walking Motors 4 × 932 kW (4 × 1,250 hp)
BASE – 22.9 M (75 FT) BASE
Bearing Area 410.5 m2 Bearing Pressure 137.9-147.5 kPa (20.00-21.40 psi) Circle Rail Diameter 16.8 m Outside Diameter 22.9 m Rollers (average diameter) 35.6 cm Swing Gear (pitch diameter) 13.87 m
WALKING MOUNTING – 22.9 M (75 FT) BASE
Bearing Pressure (@ 80% of working weight) 256.5-268.9 kPa (37.20-39.00 psi) Combined Bearing Area 182.1 m2 Length of Step (approximate) 2.13 m Overall Width Over Shoes 32.3 m Shoe Width and Length 4.3 m × 21.3 m (14 ft × 70 ft)
WEIGHTS – 25.6 M (84 FT) BASE
Boom Length @ 39° (109.7 m/360 ft) – Ballast Weight, approximate 278505.0 kg Boom Length @ 39° (109.7 m/360 ft) – Net Weight, domestic, approximate with bucket 6597500.0 kg Boom Length @ 39° (109.7 m/360 ft) – Working Weight, approximate with bucket 6876006.0 kg Boom Length @ 39° (117.3 m/385 ft) – Ballast Weight, approximate 420480.0 kg Boom Length @ 39° (117.3 m/385 ft) – Net Weight, domestic, approximate with bucket 6705000.0 kg Boom Length @ 39° (117.3 m/385 ft) – Working Weight, approximate with bucket 7125480.0 kg Boom Length @ 39° (124.9 m/410 ft) – Ballast Weight, approximate 513013.0 kg Boom Length @ 39° (124.9 m/410 ft) – Net Weight, domestic, approximate with bucket 6709992.0 kg Boom Length @ 39° (124.9 m/410 ft) – Working Weight, approximate with bucket 7223005.0 kg Boom Length @ 39° (132.5 m/435 ft) – Ballast Weight, approximate 529796.0 kg Boom Length @ 39° (132.5 m/435 ft) – Net Weight, domestic, approximate with bucket 6672341.0 kg Boom Length @ 39° (132.5 m/435 ft) – Working Weight, approximate with bucket 7202140.0 kg
ELECTRICAL – 25.6 M (84 FT) BASE
Drag Motors 6 to 8 × 1230 kW (6 to 8 × 1,650 hp) Hoist Motors 6 to 8 × 1230 kW (6 to 8 × 1,650 hp) IGBT-AFE Inverter Cabinets 4 or 5 Water-Cooled* Swing Motors 8 or 10 × 932 kW (8 or 10 × 1,250 hp) Walking Motors 4 × 932 kW (4 × 1,250 hp)
BASE – 25.6 M (84 FT) BASE
Bearing Area 514.8 m2 Bearing Pressure 131.0-140.6 kPa (19.00-20.39 psi) Circle Rail Diameter 16.8 m Outside Diameter 25.6 m Rollers (average diameter) 40.6 cm Swing Gear (pitch diameter) 13.87 m
WALKING MOUNTING – 25.6 M (84 FT) BASE
Bearing Pressure (@ 80% of working weight) 226.8-243.5 kPa (32.90-35.32 psi) Combined Bearing Area 237.8 m2 Length of Step (approximate) 2.28 m Overall Width Over Shoes 37.08 m Shoe Width and Length 4.9 m × 24.4 m (16 ft × 80 ft)
TRIED AND TRUE AC IGBT ELECTRIC DRIVE SYSTEM
For greater machine uptime, lower operating costs, and faster cycle times with AC dragline designs.
BENEFITS OVER DC MACHINES
- Superior availability – Routinely demonstrated electrical availabilities of greater than 95%. – Extended mean time between failures, and reduced mean time to repair.
- Better reliability – Less vulnerable to input voltage variation. – No filters, robust design, independent of mine network. – Full power available with voltage ±10%. – Continues tooperate with reduced power with voltage -10% to -30%.
- Greater efficiency – Provide 10% energy savings over the life of the dragline. – AC drives have an overall efficiency of 92% vs. DC machines of 88%.
- Less maintenance – No regular maintenance is required on IGBT power control modules – Motor maintenance is reduced to greasing and replacing bearings around 30,000 hours.- Reduced maintenance resulting from lack of motor and generator brushes requiring change-out. This translates to increased machine electrical availability and reduced
maintenance labor costs.
- Reduced inventory- IGBT modules are interchangeable between Active Front Ends (AFEs), inverters, motions and machines. – Optional interchangeability: All AC motors for drag, hoist, swing, and
propel motions are the same. – No brush inventory to maintain.
Optimizing your AC system performance and reliability, with the latest in AC technology along with most durable components available.
MOTION REGULATOR CONTROL (MRC)
- Sturdy, mine-grade cabinet mounted on a self supporting steel structure encloses all power and control electronics.
- AFE, converts AC to DC power.
- Fuseless IGBT modules in AFEs and inverter.
- Onboard maintenance computer is easy to troubleshoot, quickly identifies faults, andgives instructions to resolve issues.
- Major control and power electrics allow for high temperature ratings, shock and vibration ruggedness, and longevity of component availability.
- IP 54 enclosure – liquid cooled, heat transferred out of machinery house.
- Cabinets allow optimized cable routing.
- Cable internals organized to allow efficient access to internal components.
- Staggered Active Front Ends (AFEs) naturally cancel harmonics without filters, which makes 8750 very robust and independent of mine network configuration.
- Provides better Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) than required by IEEE 519.
HIGH VOLTAGE SWITCHGEAR
- Rated at 24 kV.
- SF6 gas-insulated switchgear.
- Provides programmable protection and control for Auxiliary Power Transformer (APT) and Drive Power Transformer (DPT).
- Arc resistant (Arc flash).
- Internal and key interlocking provides for safe operation.
AC MAIN MOTION DRIVE MOTORS
- Simple, AC squirrel-cage induction motors power swing, hoist, drag and propel motions.
- Built in speed sensor that is replaceable without removal of motor from service.
COMFORT INFUSED, STATE-OF-THE-ART OPERATOR’S CAB AND STATION
The state-of-the-art operator’s cab of 8750 provides more comfort, added safety, and greater reliability, helps you produce more.
- Improved operator performance – Reduced cognitive fatigue and enhanced productivity via the intuitive and visually aesthetic display screens. – Effortless operation and improvedcontrol response resulting from new Hall Effect joysticks (patent pending), with custom-designed ergonomic handles and “finger touch control” spring tension.
- Enhanced safety- Rear ingress/egress door with no step floor prevents trip hazard, particularly in cases of emergency where rapid exit from the cab is necessary. – Superior visibility with full
operator-to-boom point line of sight. – Maximum operator situational awareness via external camera system with direct feed to overhead monitors in cab. – Enhanced safety
during operator training with additional emergency stop button within reach of trainer seat.
Maximizing your uptime with durable and dependable mechanical systems that keep you up and running
- Highly reliable swing planetary transmission and output pinion.
- Interchangeable parts across all swing drives.
- Potential for machine to operate with removal of one swing unit (typical maintenance).
- Cooler/filtration unit plumbed to each planetary gearcase. Controlled and monitored via dragline Programmable Logic Controller (PLC).
- Parallel shaft gearcases, with eccentric bearing cartridges for optimal gear alignment.
- Gearing, bearings, drums, etc are interchangeable between hoist and drag motions.
- Splash lubricated gearcases with optional filtration available.
- Leak proof inspection hatches for inspection of all gear mesh.
- Drums mounted on self aligning, anti-friction bearings.
- Motors coupled to input pinions with grid couplings to reduce impact loads.
- Heavy duty eccentric cam, driven by bull gear and parallel shaft gearbox.
- Eccentric bushing continuously monitored via RTD’s. PLC will alarm and shut down machine if permissible temperatures are exceeded.
- Each side independently driven, but electrically synchronized, monitored and adjustable via dragline PLC.
- Shoe incorporates ball swivel mounting to accommodate variable ground conditions.
- Ability to propel machine up and down 10% grade and transverse across 5% grade.
Bolstering your life-of-mine investment with robust and durable dragline structures
RUGGED STRUCTURES DESIGNED AND FABRICATED TO WITHSTAND EXTREME MINING CONDITIONS
To extend service life and ultimately reduce your maintenance cost, all major dragline structures are designed for durability and dependability. Extended performance in the harsh mining conditions you face daily is accomplished through selection of high-strength steels, and rugged castings, joined and thermally stress-relieved to create a reliable shell capable of the most productive surface extraction machine in the industry.
- Boom and Tri-Structures are manufactured using cold-weather, impact-resistant, high-strength steel with select welds of full penetration, profiled and ground type.
- All structural welds undergo visual inspection, with critical welds also receiving MT, UT or X-ray inspection.
- For reduced susceptibility to cracking, large furnaces are used to stress-relieve entire weldments.
- Simplifying field inspections, interiors of finished structures are painted white.
BASE FRAME ASSEMBLY
- Grid-Radial design to optimize load and access.
- Forged integral center pintle.
- Stress-relieved “T-section” roller path sub-weldment.
- Thick bottom plate, with abrasion resistant steel wear plates and anti-skid cleats.
ROLLER CIRCLE, RAILS AND RACKS (GEAR SEGMENT)
- Large diameter machined crowned rollers.
- Third rail eliminates flanged rollers allowing addition of more rollers extending service life significantly.
- Bias cut rail ends for smooth roller transition.
- Forged/fabricated rack segments, stress-relieved weldment, quenched and tempered teeth.
REVOLVING FRAME ASSEMBLY
- Deep, rectangular frame structure, running full length of assembly.
- Integrated thick rail pad circumferential diaphragm sub-weldment, UT tested, and ground.
- Thick integrated plates for support of main machinery.
- Penetrations reinforced with through thickness plates as determined per FEA.
- Over-under fairlead provides constant rope contact with sheaves.
- Sheaves interchangeable with boom and tri-structure.
- Shimless fairlead adjustment system for lower swivel.
- Rubber composite “donut” between swivels to dampen dynamics.
- Tri-structure design reduces front end weight and enables optimization with boom configurations, increasing allowable load and reach.
- Simplified wide flange beam construction, with high impact strength steel.
- Less maintenance points compared to A-frame/Mast assembly.
- Crack detection system for back legs and tri-structure head assembly.
- Rectangular, deep cross section geometry, constructed of high strength wide flange beams.
- Pre-stretched galvanized main support ropes with equalizers. Kevlar intermediate boom support ropes.
- Drop down stabilizer rope to mitigate dynamics in main support ropes.
- Pressurized apex lacings, monitored through PLC.
- Boom point sheave assembly with rope protecting swivel motion.
- Bucket capacity and style application dependent.
- Final capacity takes into account ground mass per cubic meter, soil characteristics, abrasion, and digging style.
- Bucket capabilities range from 76-129 m3 (100-169 yd3).
- Rigging configuration will be twin dump.
- Custom wear packages designed to suit a variety of soil conditions.
- Three different bucket styles available, HPS, Conventional, and Fabricated.
- Modular Dynavane assemblies decrease roof weight, easier to maintain and install.
CAT MINESTAR SYSTEM AND TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS
COMMITTED TO ENHANCING SAFETY AND PRODUCTIVITY THROUGH TECHNOLOGY
Aimed at enhancing the productivity and profitability of your dragline, we currently offer a combination of Cat MineStar System offerings and Cat dragline technology solutions.
CAT MINESTAR SYSTEM
Cat MineStar helps you achieved enhanced mine site safety, improved efficiency, reduced operating costs, and greater profitability. Cat MineStar System provides the most comprehensive suite of mining technology products in the industry. It consists of a number of configurable capability sets – Fleet, Terrain, Detect, Health, and Command – that allow you to scale the system to your mine site needs. From material tracking to sophisticated real-time fleet management, machine health systems, autonomous equipment, and more, Cat MineStar System helps you manage everything efficiently. The Cat 8200 Dragline isequiped to utilize two of the Cat MineStar System capability sets:
- Fleet – Fleet provides real-time machine tracking, assignment and productivity management, providing a comprehensive overview of all your asset operations from any location.
- Terrain- Terrain enables high-precision management of drilling, dragline, grading and loading operations through the use of guidance technology. It increases machine productivity and
provides you real-time feedback for improved efficiency. The remaining Cat MineStar System capability sets are currently under development for the Cat dragline product line.
DRAGLINE TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS
Cat dragline technology solutions facilitate real-time machine tracking, assignment and productivity monitoring, reducing mean time to repair (MTTR). A full package of diagnostic equipment is also available. • AccessDirect – Enables factory experts to join the local maintenance team. – Prepares maintenance personnel to arrive on site ready to fix rather than analyze the problem. – Reduces MTTR and daily maintenance efforts. – Enhances local and remote diagnostic capabilities. Description – Electrical interface system that facilitates remote access to machine’s on board computer via internet. – Permits monitoring, adjustment, resetting, and modification of electrical parameters. – Arrives with software for PLC, software for drives resident, and one server per fleet. – Features high-speed data transfer.
DRAGLINE MODEL SELECTION
DRAGLINE MODEL RECOMMENDATIONS GROUNDED IN ANALYSIS AND COLLABORATION
We are committed to ensuring that you achieve your cost per ton targets, and that is why our Application Engineers are here to help you:
- Analyzes mine environments and provides recommendations for new draglines configured specifically to meet your productivity targets.
- Analyzes existing dragline performance and apply findings to recommendationsto upgrade solutions.
- Works collaboratively with you to consider factors, such as your digging environment, mine life, mine plan, and annual production targets, among others, to determine theproper dragline configuration for your mine site.
PRODUCTIVITY AND RELIABILITY ENHANCEMENTS FOR EXISTING CAT DRAGLINES
A dragline is a life-of-mine asset. To ensure that your investment provides the highest level of performance, productivity, and financial return over time, we offer top-quality, world class aftermarket solutions.
- Full mechanical component upgrades for existing draglines.
- Major dragline structure repair/replacement for improved reliability and productivity enhancement. – Boom modifications to optimize Rated Suspended Load (RSL), operating radius, digging depth, and dumping height. – Re-engineered components for improved performance.
Whether you own an AC or DC powered dragline, tailored solutionsto are available to address your specific needs,
– Drive system upgrades for enhanced performance (AC and DC machines). – Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) and Human Machine Interface (HMI) upgrades for enhanced safety and availability. – Production Monitoring System for optimized productivity. – On-board troubleshooting and remote diagnostics for improved reliability.
DRAGLINE RELOCATION AND FIELD ASSEMBLY
Performing top-notch overhaul and relocation services are fundamental elements of the Cat dragline portfolio. Although Cat dragline is abile to remove overburden at extremely low cost per ton, sometime Due to the initial capital cost and time taken to produce a new dragline,sometimes mine owners look for purchase and relocation of pre-owned draglines. Caterpillar and dealers like TIPL with its resources provide turn-key solutions of OEM dragline parts, dragline service expertiseand effective solutions on dragline relocation and field assembly.
- Highest quality OE component rebuild services for both legacy draglines and current models in use today.
TIPL is committed to safety. We always endeavor to provide a safe workplace . Cat draglines improve the safety of mine operations in many ways, such as reducing the amount of personnel necessary to move massive amounts of material and providing a safe, environmentally-controlled operator cabin.Designed with your safety as our top priority
Some examples of the safety-enhancing features of Cat draglines include the following.
- Industry leading visibility.
- Additional visibility provided by five optimally mounted cameras and operator cab mounted overhead displays.
- Dual egress doors; rear door and level floor provide unimpeded stretcher to operator access.
- Unique three seat design accommodates operator, trainer, and maintenance person.
- Observer’s seat, positioned behind operator, provides maintenance personnel with the operator’s view while allowing him or her to monitor operator actions.
- Separate operator and trainer emergency stop buttons.
- Sturdy handrail mounting clamps prevent vibration induced weld cracks.
- Non-skid material on roof and shoe walkway surfaces prevent falls.
- Serrated bar grating stairs, platforms and walkways facilitate safe movement around the machine.
- Emergency stop system is hardwired dual string with safety relay.
- All operator interface controls are 24 volt.
- Arc Flash evaluation available.
- Single point of motion disable for mechanical maintenance of machine.
- Key interlocking prevents access to incoming High Voltage connection areas.
- Stored energy warning signs installed at appropriate locations reduce injuries.
- Improves personnel safety by lighting the machine during power outages.
- Provides a safe and controlled learning environment to help produce a greater skilled and safer operator.
Lowering your operating costs through reduced incidents of unplanned maintenance, longer intervals between scheduled service, and easier serviceability are of supreme importance to us. Promoting safer and easier maintenance activities, Cat draglines have improved access to most major service points.
Easy accessibility to base via manholes inside and outside of roller circle path.
REVOLVING FRAME ACCESS
Ability to move from section to section throughout all compartment spaces.
Raised platforms for swing, brake, blower, and electrical termination maintenance.
MACHINERY HOUSE ACCESSIBILITY
Substantial walkways/work areas around deck-mounted machinery and electrical equipment.
Ready accessibility to hoist and drag drums via stairs, walkways, and platforms.
HOIST/DRAG ROPE CLAMPS
Clamps eliminate need to lift heavy components to attach rope to drum.
DIRT CHUTE ACCESS
- Cleats and lanyard attachment points within dirt chute.
- Long lasting poly wear blocks are easy to remove and handle.
- Overhead cranes provide coverage to most major components.
- Safe access via walkways along the entire length of the machinery house.
FAIRLEAD INTERNAL ACCESS
Ladder rung access to lower and upper access points.
FAIRLEAD SHEAVE MAINTENANCE
- External access ladders and walkways allow for ready maintenance.
- Upper sheave removal system available.
Walkways provide access to major service points.
- Improved access to suspension rope connections.
- Walkway system allows inspection on upper and lower lacing-chord connections.
REMOTE BULK LUBE TANK FILL
Easily accessible maintenance point for lube servicing.
- Robust exterior flood lighting brackets allow for changing flood lights from walkways and platforms.
- Machinery house internal highbay lighting is accessible from boxes with quick opening hatches on top of roof.
- Boom and Tri-structure ballasts are accessible in the machinery house.
Stay up and running with service and support from TIPL
MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR CONTRACTS
- Contracts tailored to each customer
- Parts planning and machine maintenance services
- Maximize value, while minimizing risk
- High degrees of customization and flexibility
- Inventory management support
Maximize your investment
To help you maximize your investment in a Cat dragline, we are equipped to provide a host of customized on-site and computer based training for operaors and maintenance staff.
8750 Dragline is designed to helpyou operate safely and sustainably. Consumes less power , produces less heat and sound and emits fewer greenhouse gasses than other methods of overburden removal. Saves on Energy along with higher productivity with AC IGBT electrics. It is fully electric machine with minimal sight emissions.
8750 DRAGLINES specalogs Click here to download
For more information please call us at this number:
TOLL FREE :
1800 419 3356